The community of Letymbou is situated in the Paphos district ,in the geographic region of the Ampeloxorion(vine villages) about 14,5 km on the northeast of the city of Paphos .
Letymbou is built in an average elevation of 380 m.The hilly scenery of the village is partitioned by the watercourse of the river Ezousas.
The community has an average annual raining of about 620 millimeters and in the area there are vines (varieties of wine making) ,citrus trees ,almond trees ,fruit tress (apple,pear,golden apple and peach trees),olive trees ,carob trees ,cereals, use plants, weed and few vegetables.
From a transport view, Letymbou is connected with the village Kourdaka in the east (about 3, 5 km) with the village Pittargou in the south east (about 3 km) and with the village Kallepia in the south west (about 2 km).
The village met many population fluctuations. In 1881 its residents were 360, they were increased to 398 in 1891, to 405 in 1901, to 467 in 1911, they were decreased to 466 in 1921 and to 439 in 1931.in 1946 its residents were increased to 699, to 741 in 1960 but were decreased to 329 in 1973, to 694 in 1976 and to 567 in 1982.In the last population census that was conducted in 2001 the residents of the community were 277.
The village existed with the same name during the period of Frankish domination ,when according to De Mas Latri was a part of the region of Hrysohous with the villages Emba ,Lemba and others. The same writer notes the village as Letymbou.
The village seems to be older than the Frankish rule period and there was obviously from the former Byzantine years, since its name is Greek (it comes from the word Tomb= grand grave).
In the village area there is the church of the Virgin Mary of ‘Fotolambousis’, the church of Saint Theodoros, as well as the church of Saint Kyryka and Juliet. Gunnis mentions four other chapels around the village. But other sources mention that. Letymbou is known in the whole region for its churches.
The great number of churches in the area might mean that the village was much bigger during the medieval years.
In 1880 A pit of calcareous rocks functioned in the area . Recently a pit of gypsum functioned here.