The church of Agios Theodoros is situated at the same place where an old church, dedicated to the same saint, was built. The old one was a basilica and stone made. The external wall had about one meter width. Unfortunately, the big earthquake that stroke Paphos in 1954 has caused thousands of dead and injured people and also has demolished the church. Actually the half of the church was completely ruined and the other half was crumbly. The only part, which was rescued from the earthquake, was the Temple. For that reason, the inhabitants of the village decided to construct a new church in 1955.
The construction of the church lasted five years. It is a quite big church and its capacity is 1000 people. It is a basilica with a dome and made of stones, extracted from the area around the village. The yard of the church is big and it has fencing: on the southeast of the yard there is a big wall and on the west side there is a baluster. On the north side there is an opening, which borders with the yard of the school. The bell tower is very tall, made of cement and it has only one bell.
The church has no wall paintings, but there is a unique iconostasis, made of mosaic and it has three doors. The portable icons are dated in the 1960. On the top of the iconostasis there are two narrower zones with icons of several Saints. The first zone depicts the festal cycle (dodekaorton), and the second zone depicts the Apostles.
The psalters are simple and wooden. Despite the big size of the church, there is no gallery. The old icon of Saint Theodoros is placed in the church of Saint Kirikos and Ioulitis, in a special fenestra, but in the church of Theodoros there is an hagiography dedicated to the saint and which is placed on the left side of the iconostasis in a special fenestra.
The feast of Saint Theodoros is on 8 February, the day of his martydom, and on 8 June, the day of the removal of the saint’s relics. Agios Theodoros is believed to be thaumaturge and a lot of people make vows and invocations to him.